We’re sorry that you missed the opportunity to apply for this specific role, but please look at our other vacancies or register to be alerted when similar jobs become available
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full. We are currently recruiting looking for a Regional Director of Building Surveying to join our team in Nottingham. The post will report directly to the Nottingham office director.
This strategic role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses exemplary communication skills, proven ability to identify and develop commercial opportunities, and who will provide a first class service to our clients.
Faithful+Gould are a signatory to the RICS Inclusive Employer Quality Mark
• A Winning Attitude - you focus on your goals, managing resources as applicable, whilst highlighting and developing potential new or repeat business opportunities.
• Meet the Challenge - you always seek out new learning opportunities to ensure your technical skills and knowledge is current. You assist/mentor colleagues with their development.
• A Team Player - you contribute to a positive and friendly environment, helping to set the tone for colleagues. You help build relationships across teams and with clients.
• Customer Driven - you fully contribute to excellent customer service and understand the customers’ changing business needs.
• Aware - you have an understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould goals and an awareness of the dynamics of relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Engaging - you contribute concisely and effectively with clients and colleagues. You respect other points of view and seek out the best result in discussions.
• Ambassador for F+G - you take pride in your work and the work Faithful+Gould does and you share this with your colleagues and clients.
• Delivers - you develop delivery plans for projects, involve others and ensure objectives are met. Adaptable - you challenge the status quo and perform to a high standard in an uncertain environment, in pursuit of performance improvement.
• To provide strategic and operational leadership for the Nottingham Building Services team, contributing to the strategic plans for the business and helping develop future business.
• Taking ownership of the Nottingham building surveying team and transforming the team into an efficient and profitable business
• Playing an instrumental role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities.
• Improve service quality standards and create a culture of continuous improvement and constructive expertise.
• Take responsibility for key projects and the Key Account Management for major clients.
• New business proposals and tendering, liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials are produced
• Collaboration with other service streams, sectors and the wider F+G and Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage
• Ensuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients, acting as primary interface to help build clients' confidence in the team
• Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives
• Controlling workload and resources
• Developing key industry contacts
• Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice
• Managing and leading teams to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function. Managing other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues
• Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to team members.
• Competently communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
• Collaborate with the Regional Head of Building Surveying in developing our service offering and profile.